___________________________________________________________________
Featured Guest Artist:
I had the privilege of spending a fabulous day, in Boise, Idaho this past month.
A very relaxing day filled with: art, sharing and spending quality time with a few new friends. While I was spending the day, getting to know Carolyn, Judy, Barb, Merine and Lynn Stevens, Lynn shared with me some of the most amazing photos of hand-painted wall murals I had ever seen. Of course the photos didn’t provide the breath taking visual that seeing these murals in person would have provided, but still they had a profound effect on the viewer. Lynn is an extremely gifted muralist, who also enjoys a variety of different mediums and it’s not just blank walls she uses for her canvas.

“My life has been dedicated to art in one form or another. When I have mastered one media, I like to challenge myself by learning another, wanting to expand my knowledge in each art form. I truly love what I do and believe I use art as a means of leaving a legacy behind. It makes me feel that what I have done with my life, matters. If I can bring beauty into someone’s life, it gives me a great deal of satisfaction.”

Lynn is also a very talented carver. She used a Moose antler for this carving:


And a branch for this:


There are other carvings in her studio as well:



“Much of my art has depicted northwest wildlife. I appreciate the detail in the beauty that surrounds us all, the fabulous scenery with inspiring crystal clear lakes that are so plentiful to the northwestern states. I try to recreate what I see in vivid detail, hopefully to bring beauty into someone’s life. I use these visually stimulating, natural scenes in my murals as well as my paintings. I try to tell a story through my art and murals are a good way for me to visually express these stories.”


“I began my art career as a graphic artist. I have worked in the fine arts for over 20 years, selling original and limited edition prints, wood sculptures, Moose antler carvings, wood burned & painted gourds and pine needle basketry. My artwork led to my designs being selected for the “Idaho State Archery Stamps of 1992 & 1993”, the commission of over a dozen “Idaho Historical Byway Signs” and a commissioned artist mural depicting three Idaho Indian tribes in their natural habitat at the “Idaho Museum”.”

“I have also been enjoying the art of rubber stamping for about 8 years now and my stamped cards have been published in a variety of stamping magazines, but most recently, I made the cover of “Stamper’s Sampler”. My artwork has also appeared in “Wildlife Art News” & “Altered Arts”. I am currently on 2 design teams, “Artistic Outpost” and “I Brake for Stamps”. I designed a line of wildlife stamps for “Abbydoodles” a few years ago and I teach mixed media art as well as rubber stamping.”



Lynn also enjoys the various forms & techniques that mixed media art, affords today’s artists. She creates beautiful shrines, altered books, assemblages and altered jewelry. Lynn will be hosting our October workshop!! Her silver spoon jewelry is the focus for the workshop and sign-ups are already underway in the database in our yahoo group. (Link is in the sidebar~ Come join us!) You can visit Lynn and view her latest creations via her BLOG.
____________________________________________________________________

No comments: